What we believe
This is an abbreviation of our statement of faith.
- The Divine inspiration and inerrancy of Holy Scripture.
- The trinity - the 3 unique persons of the one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Sovereignty of God.
- The full Deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. The sufficiency of His death on the cross to atone for our sins. His bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven where he intercedes as great high priest for His people.
- The personality of Satan, the archenemy of God and author of man's fallen nature.
- The sinful state of man and his total inability to save himself, apart from Christ.
- The work of God the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in believers for sanctification, understanding of the Scriptures, worship and power for service, resulting in a holy life and character.
- The baptism of believers as a symbol of union with Christ and entry into His church.
- The Lord's Supper as a remembrance and proclamation of His death upon the Cross, but in no way another sacrifice.
- The "local church" as a called out community of born again believers.
- The necessity of a worldwide ministry of evangelism to fulfil the Great Commission.
- The final judgment of all mankind by our Lord Jesus Christ.
The full statement can be supplied upon request.
The Lees is affiliated to the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches and fully subscribes to their basis of faith.