William Lees founded the Chapel in 1886, its prime purpose being to cater for the spiritual needs of the many members of domestic staff employed by the local gentry. The work was then known as "Kingswood Mission".
In 1902 the present Chapel was built and named the "Lees Memorial Hall". Over the years various alterations have been made to the Chapel to ensure the suitability of the building for its uses.
In 1995 a major redevelopment was completed providing modern facilities for the young peoples work, access for the physically disabled and new space for an expanding range of activities.
Today we are known as "The Lees" and are recognised as an Independent Evangelical Church. We are affiliated to other similar churches throughout the British Isles in the "Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches".
[for a little more detail click here]